Author: Joel Osteen
I remember when I first read this book in January 2006, I had no idea who Joel Osteen was. A friend gave me this book, saying the author understands God’s grace or favour. So, I decided to read the book and man, was I blessed and encouraged by what he wrote. Joel has a gift of encouragement, and his messages are simple and clear and easy to understand. He has a revelation of God’s heart of love for each one of us, and this book has helped me to know more about how much God loves me and wants me to succeed in life.
It so happened that I was going through a tough time in my life when I was reading this book. I was recovering from stress burnout and heart palpitations, and I was spending most of the time convalescing at home for almost eight months that year. This book was a timely gem, as it restored hope into my life to start expecting good things to happen to me. I began to learn to accept myself the way God accepts me, knowing that I am made in His image. I began to look forward to seeing improvements in my life, such as having better health and finding a better, less stressful job. Indeed, by August 2006, my health has improved and I began to start working in a company again, in a much less stressful environment.
Some of my favourite passages from this book includes: “Live favor-minded. Get up each day and expect it and declare it. Say, ‘I have the favor of God.'” Learning to guard my thought life and speak positive, faith-filled words over myself and my loved ones is one of the most helpful lessons I gained from reading this book.
- Pastor Joel Osteen’s Sermon “The Power of I Am” (praiserichmond.com)
- What’s the Difference Between Eeyore & Joel Osteen? (michelewhitney.wordpress.com)
- Actress Kerry Washington Reveals What She Learned from Pastor Joel Osteen (praiserichmond.com)
- Hulk Hogan – Pastor Joel Osteen’s Biggest Fan? (christculturenews.com)
- Quote Plus 100 – Prayer and Expectation (transitionstande.wordpress.com)