Sermon delivered on Sunday, November 25, 2012, at All Souls Unitarian Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, by Bishop Carlton Pearson, Guest Minister.
Giving is something we do, given is something we are, or should be. One is an external act, the other is an internal fact. Deep within the soul and spirit of humanity is an innate and intrinsic virtue and valor to give as well as receive. It is natural law. There is, in all of us, a powerful sense of worth, inward wealth and desire, indeed a need to serve, share, and show the light and love we all came here with. Doing so is the irresistible discipline and divinity of the Self. Join me, as we explore the ancient art of giving and receiving, and prepare for the season ahead.
An adult/mature person is someone who understands his/her purpose on earth, and is offering to contribute to the world at large in his/her own unique ways and gifts. Such maturity comes from the realisation that we are all one and we are all connected too, hence organised religions that are separatist, such as mainstream Christianity, tend to prevent followers from coming to maturity due to their holding on to the illusion of separateness.
Awakening from the illusion of separateness, on the other hand, promotes maturity, and inspires the actions that follow, such as making the world a better place for oneself and others, through cultivating self-love and acceptance and compassion for one another. Like what Carlton Pearson said in his video, feeling good about ourselves and loving ourselves is alright, and to me, it is a sign of maturity too, as self-love expands to loving others as well.
- Finding our new self and service for a new destiny and consciousness ~ Carlton Pearson (realrest.wordpress.com)
- Sixth live stream – “Sexuality, sensuality, sociality, spirituality” by Carlton Pearson (themysteryofchrist.wordpress.com)
- [Book Review] “God Is Not a Christian, Nor a Jew, Muslim, Hindu…: God Dwells with Us, in Us, Around Us, as Us” by Carlton Pearson (themysteryofchrist.wordpress.com)
- Debunking the myth of a literal devil (themysteryofchrist.wordpress.com)
- [Book preview] “Immortal Diamonds – The search for our true self” by Richard Rohr (themysteryofchrist.wordpress.com)
- Abundance is a state of being (themysteryofchrist.wordpress.com)